Biopsychologist Onur Güntürkün received the Leibniz Prize in 2013 for his outstanding scientific work in the field of perception, learning, and decision-making. Güntürkün investigates these phenomena at a behavioural level, neuroanatomically, and with electrophysiological and imaging techniques. In doing so, he is above all interested in the asymmetry between the left and right hemisphere of the brain, about which hardly anything is known in people.
Other Leibniz Prize winners
- 1995: Prof. Dr. Elmar W. Weiler, plant physiology
- 1995: Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Freund, physical chemistry
- 1994: Prof. Dr. Ulf Eysel, neuropsychology
- 1993: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Jost, mathematics
- 1992: Prof. Dr. Ján Veizer, sediment geochemistry